JNTUK was established originally as ‘The College of Engineering, Vizagpatnam’ in 1946 and has become a constituent college of JNTU in 1972. Subsequently, it has been elevated as JNT University Kakinada in August 2008. The jurisdiction of the University spreads over eight coastal districts of A.P and around 256 engineering & 35 pharmacy (total 286) colleges are affiliated to it. It is situated in a sprawling campus of 110 acres.
JNTUK is a multi campus, world class standard state university & is passionate about providing quality learning opportunities with personalized support, delivered by enthusiastic staff, with modern and advanced infrastructure and laboratory facilities. Its reputation for academic excellence attracts students across the globe.
During the process of emerging of JNTUK Kakinada, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technologies was established during September 2008 along with some other innovative courses with two PG courses. Subsequently taking the valuable inputs and suggestions by professional stalwarts in terms of Board of Studies meetings at present this School is offering B Pharmacy course (UG Program) and three M.Pharmacy courses (PG Program).
Both UG and PG programs are approved by AICTE, New Delhi. As regards B Pharmacy Program, the Pharmacy Council of India has accorded approval u/s 12 of Pharmacy act.
Within a short span of time, permanent Pharmacy block has been constructed during the year 2016 with a cost of nearly 3.79 crores with a built up area of 25,000 sq. ft.
Primarily promoting quality of education to excel in teaching, learning, research, consultancy and placements through innovative practices with global perspective.
- To become a centre for excellence to increase drug related activities not only in the university levels but at the national levels also.
- Design an industry relevant outcome based curriculum from time to time with a global perspective.
- To kindle zeal among the students and promote their quest for academic excellence.
- To encourage extracurricular activities along with good communication skills.
- During the status of young university of JNTUK, a permanent School of Pharmacy block could be established complying with apex body norms.
- Qualified faculty as per PCI norms with committed and dedicated professional activities.
- Visiting faculty from reputed industry and academic Institutions.
- Seminars by eminent members of professional bodies.
- Well established Training and Placement cell, an integral unit of JNTUK.