Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada (JNTUK) is established in the year 2008 vide ACT NO. 30 OF 2008 by the State of ANDHRA PRADESH. The University grew out of the College of Engineering Vizagapatnam founded by the Government of the composite Madras State in the year 1946. Spread over a sprawling campus of 100 acres in the port city of Kakinada, the college became a constituent of JNTU, Hyderabad in 1972. Subject to the trifurcation of the JNTUHyderabad, it was notified as JNTUK Kakinada by the act of legislature in 2008.
The jurisdiction of JNTUKakinada extends over districts of East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna, Guntur, and Prakasam. The University has 159 affiliated colleges under the jurisdiction of 5 districts and offersEngineering&Pharmacy courses in Under Graduate and Post Graduate Programs and also offers Management programs. The University and colleges are governed by the rules and guidelines provided by the Higher Education Department of AP and AP State Council for Higher Education from time to time. JNTUK has produced highly professional and competitive Engineers by infusing greater quality and content into the curriculum and educating the students with appropriate skills suitable for a rapidly challenging industrial scenario.
To improve the Quality of Technical Education, faculty are encouraged to participate actively in a number of national programmes like the Teacher Quality Improvement Programme, University-IndustryInteraction through consultancy, Continuing Education Programmes, and Expansion of infrastructure facilities for Emerging Technologies. University has establishedhigher learning institutes such as Institute of Science and Technology (IST), School of FoodTechnology(SFT) and School of Management Studies(SMS).
The University is also offering Research Programmes in all disciplines of engineering and sciences both Full time and External registrations. With many professional colleges coming up in private sector, the need has arisen to improve the quality of teaching. It necessitates providing continuous refresher courses to the teachers for updating and acquiring additional skills in new areas.
The University Board of Studies is composed with reputed persons from Higher Learning Institutes and industry and revises its course structure and syllabi regularly for every three years. In 2015, JNTUK started offering customized MOOCS with the support from senior faculty of IITs, NITs and industry persons and offered various courses to its affiliated colleges. To enhance and focus on research, the University has established a Research and Development Cell and Research Centres in affiliated colleges and provided Scholarships for fulltime Research Scholars to increase number of in-house researchers.
To emerge as a renowned institute in pharmaceutical sciences by nurturing the students with required industrial and social needs and moulding the young minds to take up research in this field.
- To impart quality education in the field of pharmaceutical sciences .
- To create a zeal among the students and promote their quest for academic excellence.
- To make the students understand their role in social issues.
- To collaborate with pharmaceutical industries to meet the global challenges.
- To conduct guest lecturers by experts from academia and industry on state of the art technology.
- To prepare the students to reach the next level of excellence.
- To motivate the Faculty to achieve academic standards in terms of personal growth and satisfaction.
- During the status of young university of JNTUK, a permanent School of Pharmacy block could be established complying with apex body norms.
- Qualified faculty as per PCI norms with committed and dedicated professional activities.
- Visiting faculty from reputed industry and academic Institutions.
- Seminars by eminent members of professional bodies.
- Well established Training and Placement cell, an integral unit of JNTUK.